• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A CPC mock exam

Santor

CPC
Iam having major problems with the long exam questions, I cannot pick out key words..any suggestions?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Santor,

Check out this video clip that I think will help with your question

Santor

CPC
Hi Santor,

Check out this video clip that I think will help with your question

70-year-old with significant pelvic prolapse and grade IV cystocele who has failed previous primary repair and is status post hysterectomy. She presents for anterior repair and colpopexy. Procedure: Patient placed in the dorsal lithotomy position and general anesthetic was induced without problems. A midline incision is made from just above is made from just above the bladder neck to the vaginal cuff. She is noted to have a grade IV cystocele. Vaginal flaps were dissected to the level of the pubocervical fascia. Her vaginal mucosa was in good condition but near the urethra and bladder neck it was a little thinner. There is significant scarring on the left side from previous procedures. Ishcial spine is identified and swept fiber fatty tissue off of the sacrospinous ligament bilaterally. No scarring or adhesions in this area. Anterior needles were passed into place on the elevate mesh and these were fixed in a manner similar to the MiniArc. They were passed along just below the bladder neck toward the obturaton foramen and fixed in place. An anterior support was created without tension at the viscourethral junction. Apical needles were then used to pass the apical arms into place. There were gently fixed into place along the sacrospinous ligament approximately 2cm away from the ischial spine. This was done bilaterally. They passed in a single pass and were fixed in place confirmed by gentle tugging on both arms. Three Vicryl sutures had been placed and the vaginal apex were then passed over into the mesh and tied down. The apical arms were placed through the eyelets of the mesh and passed down toward the sacrospinous ligament bilaterally to create good apical support. Eyelet fasteners placed bilaterally and mesh arms trimmed providing excellent apical and anterior support. Vaginal mucosa was closed and vaginal packed placed. No complications. What CPT® code(s) describe(s) this procedure?
A. 57250, 57280
B. 57240, 57282
C. 57240, 57283
D. 57250, 57283

I cannot seem to grasp these type of questions without reading the whole procedure

JeannieG

Soon to be CPC, Future CPMA
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
I have seen this video before, and it is very helpful. I am a lot like you. For me it's not so much the long answers, but the long questions. I see them and go "Oh my gosh!" before I even take the time to look at the answer. By then I've wasted a few seconds I could have just put into getting my answer.
Laureen is good at advising us to check your answers first. Find them in the book, then you have an idea what the question is going to be on. Sort it out. Get rid of the ones that don't fit at the very first. Which in the question you have, on your second line, this led me to B or C, then I did have to scan the rest of the document but found "There were gently fixed into place along the sacrospinous ligament" which leads me to B. Since I don't have the answer to this question, I don't know 100% if I'm correct, all I can tell you is for me, the length of the question gives me the same anxiety, but I know with practice doing it Laureen's way, I'll get better at it.